The Norwegian Short Film Festival, in collaboration with Mediefabrikken and Screen Talent Europe, invite emerging producers, directors and screenwriters from Europe to pitch new short film projects at the festival in Grimstad, Norway, June 10th–14th 2020. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, this year’s edition will be online.
To participate you must apply to one of the Screen Talent Europe partners. The best pitch will receive a production grant of 4000 €. 10-12 short films will be pitched during the Pitching Forum. In a 5-minute pitch, each participant will present their project to a pitching jury and an online audience of potential co-producers, financiers and filmmakers.
- Producers, directors and screenwriters must have produced at least 2 films (short fiction or documentary).
- You must apply with a project in development (fiction or documentary) with a maximum length of 30 min.
- To participate you need to be available online for pitching preperations June 9th and 10th and for the pitching forum June 11th.
What do get as a participant
As well as attending the pitch you will take part in:
- a workshop preparing the pitch with short online sessions
- networking activities
- speed dating with the partners in the Screen Talent Europe network. During these meetings you will be informed about co-support and co-production possibilities available within the partners support systems
You will also get a free accreditation for the entire festival program.
Application deadline: May 25th 2020.
For further information, please contact: Anders Fristad Rudolph on email@example.com.
About Screen Talent Europe
Screen Talent Europe is a network of film centers working with talent development in Europe. Screen Talent Europe aims to create more co production, network and collaborations between emerging filmmakers in Europe.
På Mediefabrikken kan du få hjelp til å utvikle prosjekter, og til å utvikle deg selv som filmskaper. Mediefabrikken tilbyr veiledning, gratis produksjonsutstyr, produksjonsstipend og utviklingsprogrammer. Mediefabrikken er en enhet i Viken Fylkeskommune.
The Pitching Forum is organized by Mediefabrikken, the Screen Talent Europe partners and The Norwegian Short Film Festival.
Institut francais de Norvege
Norway in the US
Norway in the UK
The Spanish Embassy in Oslo
The Irish Embassy in Oslo
The Portuguese Embassy in Lisbon
The German Embassy in Oslo